Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting Old

You know you're getting old when you can't drink coffee past 7 pm and still fall asleep. I used to be so tired reading for grad school that, in an attempt to stay awake, I would drink HOT coffee while sitting up at the kitchen table. Still, I would fall asleep on top of my books. In college, I would drink 10-12 cups a day . . . wouldn't have survived as an English/History major without it. Wow, did those profs assign some reading and writing! Ruined my knees, too, sitting on them while writing at my computer in my dorm.

Now, two years later, I can drink half a cup and be awake for hours. Maybe it's other stresses. And my legs are still bent beneath me, and my knees are still hurting. And there's a half-finished latte in the refrigerator, patiently waiting for tomorrow morning. What a shame.

1 comment: